Sunday, July 14, 2013

Chronic Love

A question was posed to me a couple days ago and up until this point I have not been able to answer it. What is chronic or inflamed in your life? 

The explanation of this question is something like, "What's picking at you, what never gets solved, what's that nitty gritty irritation that's always there?" One could look at this question and automatically think of something negative in their lives. In fact, that was my first reaction as well. However, as I thought about this question a little deeper I realized that what's chronic in my life is not negative. On the contrary, my inflammation keeps my going. I feel kind of silly phrasing it that way but it's the truth.

Anyways, I would consider my inflammation to be my family. That is the one thing in my life that is always in the back of my mind and the one thing that affects my in my entirety. If something goes wrong with my family, I try my best to be part of the solution immediately and not let the problem go on too long. If I cannot do anything physically, my prayers are sent out for them. I realize that I may not always be in town, but I do try my best to be there for them when they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment