Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Research on a Dark Horizon

Have you ever tried to explain something to someone and you had no idea how to say it! Welcome to the wonderful world of mathematics. Sitting here trying to figure out how to explain my work has been one of the toughest things I've had to do in this entire process. Now don't get me wrong, I knew that going in but being in the meat of this project is no easy feat. I realize that the more time I spend doing this the easier it will become, however in this particular moment I need a small break (maybe an hour or two).

This idea of having trouble explaining myself seems so foreign to me since I have not always had so much trouble with it. When I was younger, I used to get in the car after school and tell my mother and sister about the great day I had, spilling out every detail and hoping for a even a gleam of excitement, but what I got was not what I was expecting. I saw an occasional eye roll and laugh between the two of them every couple of minutes. I realize now that I could have just simply said that I had a great day at school and left it at that, especially since I never let them get a word in. I would feel a great since of anger as they would start a conversation on a completely separate topic without even the slightest acknowledgement that I had just given them the best story of their lives. But like I said, this happened almost every day. So, naturally, the stories started to sound a little similar and to be honest with you, I would've gotten a little annoyed with the younger me!

I can only wish for information and explanations to occur so effortlessly, but hey, I'm a college student and things are not always that easy. I will keep those earlier days in mind as I continue on with my research and eventually I will be explaining my research like I explained my school experiences when I was a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment