Monday, June 17, 2013

Happiness in a Nut Shell

What really makes me happy? This question could easily be answered when you ask those around me. Helping others, singing, cooking, dancing, and doing homework are all things that I love to do but they only give me happiness temporarily. When I am alone and I have no one to talk to, to me, that's what determines what I need to truly make me happy. And in that case there are a number of things that I can turn to. The first is my Bible. The Lord is the source of my strength and watches over me every step of my journey. Secondly, puzzles are some of the best physical items in my life. They keep me calm and allow me to detach myself from any situation that I have and place all of my focus on something that I absolutely love to do. Just as a side note, for my 16th birthday I went to school and came home and did a puzzle. That has been my best birthday to date! Another piece of my happiness comes from cleaning. This also allows me to take a step back and redirect my focus on another task, while making my home or someone else's better.

Other than being by myself, spending time with my family makes me extremely happy. If I could move my entire family with me anywhere I went, I would. Just being around them makes my life so much better and I know that they will always be there for me no matter what. My boyfriend also makes me very happy. He looks out for me and doesn't turn his back on me no matter what, even when I do. I appreciate all the little things he does for me and/or tries to do, if I allow him to. My friends are also people that haven't failed to keep me happy and have my back. I love the fact that I can call them at any time and they will be there for me. They will do their best to help me and they give pretty good advice too. I never feel like I don't have anyone on my side, NEVER. This is a blessing and I can only hope that I am just as important to all mentioned as they are to me.

Once again I just want to thank my McNair family for being so supportive of me and I can't wait to finish out the summer with everyone and see where our process takes us. I know that everyone is learning so much already. And gosh, I JUST LOVE TO SEE PEOPLE GROW! Well that's all folks! 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a WONDERFUL and BEAUTIFUL young woman inside and out, I'm soooo proud of you and glad to say you are mine and wouldn't want to see my life without you here by my side. You are doing such a great job and God will mos def make sure you are taking care of. I Love you and keep up the great work boo!

    Love always and forever , Husband

    ReplyDelete