Thursday, June 13, 2013

Success

This is not the first time I've had to think about what the meaning of success is. I have heard so many different explanations of what the true definition is. I've heard things like, "Success is what you make it", "Success is being able to do what you want when you want", and "Success is having $$". To a certain extent all of these things can be true depending on who you are talking to. But if you're talking to me, my definition is a little bit different from what you would normally hear. Success for me is both tangible and intangible. Success to me is being able to wake up in the morning and knowing that I have another opportunity to make my life or someone else's better.

To be completely honest, I can't remember a time where I considered myself to be unsuccessful. Even though I haven't always done everything perfectly, a part of success is learning from your mistakes. So, no matter what I do or how I do it, I will be successful.

Where most people use the term success I would use the word accomplishments. Accomplishments can be things like reaching a goal, being able to do what you want and having a certain amount of money. But once again, these are also self-determined because everyone has different goals, and when they achieve those goals they then feel accomplished.

However, even if you accomplish a goal it does not necessarily make you successful, it simply means that you have accomplished a goal. So basically, accomplishments are what you make them, and success is how you view your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment